After taking yesterday off, I managed to finish carving Charlie. He's got his pipe, some feathers, and some fancy burnt detail. If you're wondering why the upper part of the robe is so dark it's because I burnt it with my butane torch to remove the fuzzy surface left from the stoning. That's a neat technique I came up one day. After it's burned you can just brush off any residue with a small brass brush. The burnt color lends itself well to the dark brown to come later.
The feathers are kind of oversized but I think that just adds to the figure. He should really be flashy once painted,especially after I add the designs to the robe.
I put a link to a really nice reference book for robe designs. I'm always on the lookout for new material I can use to come up with ideas to paint. This book is a good one.
Anyway, hope you like him so far and your comments are welcome as always.