Sunday, September 09, 2012
The Pot Seller
As I mentioned earlier, I turned the pots on my lathe and then whittled them to look more in line with the girl. Well, while that looks nice it certainly maid painting a lot more difficult. To get the rings to look good I put the painted pot back on the lathe and with a marker slowly turned the wheel while holding the marker as steady as possible. Had the pot been completely smooth as it was originally this would have been an easy job but with all those little divots the pen zigged and zagged each time it hit one. I had to go back with a brush and clean things up the old way. Another problem was those markers. For some reason they just don't seem to work well on a varnished surface. Must be some kind of chemical interaction between the pens fluid and the varnish.
Anyway, I hope you like her as much as I do. More photos in the gallery and your comments are welcome as always.