Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Red Horse II - Under Construction

Finished up the body today and then made a new base.  As this piece is approximately 24" tall and rather top heavy I made the base in two pieces to give it a footprint large enough to keep it upright.  I epoxied a piece of 1/2" steel all-thread into the base of the piece so it could be firmly bolted to the base.  The base is walnut.

Tomorrow I'll start with the hair braids and then move on to the feathers and the smaller details.  This one should really be a looker once completed.  Lots of color.

Also, I took the photo with my phone. It's not as good as my Nikon but then it's also not to bad!

5 comments:

  1. This is an impressive piece Lynn in both looks and size can't wait to see the paint go on!! Keep up the good work. Trev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two feet tall!!! What a monster. Keep enlarging them and pretty soon you will be up to a life sized carving...and that would be something to see. Great work thus far, I know the details and painting will elevate him even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A life-sized carving on the shop porch would be very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, Can't wait to see it complete

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice, can't wait to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete