Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sheepherders Wagon - Almost Road Ready!

It's starting to actually look like something! The thing that seems to be taking the most time with this project is me trying to remember just what I did when building earlier wagons.  At least the hard part is over with now.
-
This morning I added the steel rims to the wheels which gave them some extra bulk.  Prior to that they looked kind of puny.  The yellow paintwork is kind of bright but that will all be toned down once I weather everything to make it look well used.
-
I've got the scene already put together in my head so once I get this wagon finished the other characters should start to show up.  Naturally, a few sheep are involved.
-
As always, your comments are welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Fantabulous Lynn..........How big is this wagon????? Not sure if you gave the measurements or not. Your head must be bustin' with all the ideas you have to add to it....sheep and all. But that's what keeps us goin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic.....my ideal of an RV. Always look forward to the next project but this one has me looking for more. Thanks for all you guys do, it really helps us to strive to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty of a wagon Lynn.....Myron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking just like a wagon! Very convincing.

    Like the other Bob, I'm curious about size too.

    Can you tell us more about those steel rims? How're they made?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are made from 3/16" strips of steel I had cut at a local metal shop. I find a can smaller than the wheel and bend the strap around it to make a nice circle then fit it to the wheel and cut off the excess. Then a little silver solder holds it together and I slip it back on. Simple and easy. Finding the strips is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! I can already hear the sleep "bleeting".

    How big is it? I'm guessing that if the "tires" are 3/16" then it must be about 8" tall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Lynn as usual..I found a very good sight for looking at the Sheepherders Wagon for any intrested: www.hansenwheel.com
    They make many styles of wagons..
    Enjoy...Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete