Wednesday, August 08, 2012

THE BOSS

I haven't done a wrangler on a horse in a while so thought I'd better get a few done before November or everyone would think my cowboys are all unmounted.

Thought I would give this one a little twist by putting a derby on his head instead of the usual Stetson.  Being the Boss he's probably not in the sun all day so doesn't need that wide brim as he probably spends most of his time with his nose in the books or down at the bank trying to wrangle another loan.   He's about 15" tall with the base so it's a nice piece that will command attention.  I gave the horse a snaffle bit and you can see a metal rear cinch just behind his leg.

Hope you like him and there are more photos in the gallery. Comments welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding Lynn and I hope some time you'll show us how you do these mounted caricatures. Looking forward to seeing him all painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winning carving Lynn. I think the 'smoke' and derby are a real nice variation from the usual. This should be a real quick seller.

    Ron -

    ReplyDelete