Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Montana Bound

I finished carving this one this morning.  As you can see from the earlier post Blowing in the Wind, there have been some major changes.  I decided to make the figure Custer and title it to reflect his jaunty attitude on his way to the Little Big Horn, not knowing what waits for him there.   I did take a little artistic license with leaving the neckerchief in place instead of changing it to the scarf you see in all the photos of him.   Frankly, I think I would rather wear such an item considering all the dust blowing in their faces while on the trail.

He will have a light colored leather coat and a dark blue shirt with white striping on the color.  The bandana will be red.  A prominent Gold star should make it plain just who he is.

I hope you like him as I think he'll be a nice little bust once painted.  Comments welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Another super carving,can't wait to see him painted.Your pushing right up against realism,I like it.Can't wait to see what your going to do for a bust for the cowboy head..Thanks Lynn and Judy for all your hard work.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thanks as well to both you and Judy for your videos.... they are great instruction and inspiration. Your Custer looks great and I like the changes you made... can't wait to see him all painted up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very beautiful. How much time did you take to make this masterpiece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work. I'm trying to teach myself how to carve and stumbled on your most excellent work and wonderful tutorial videos.

    ReplyDelete