Saturday, June 20, 2015

Plains Warrior

Here's my progress so far.  I haven't attached the arms yet so there is still a lot of carving to do up in that area.  Naturally, the remainder of the hair needs to be added and there is still a lot of detailing that needs to be done....feathers, burning, etc.  Unfortunately, the head is out of scale with the body and the feet are too large.  I'm going to have to give those to things a lot of thought cause I started out for this to be a realistic piece.  What to do?

Anyway, I thought you might like to see it in the rough stage.

3 comments:

  1. He looks good to me Every thing you carve looks great to me. Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, Very nice piece you are doing. Can you tell me what he has on his back?

    ReplyDelete