Thursday, September 18, 2008

Making A Bottle Cutter

I was asked to do this as a magazine article but I just don't have the time at the moment so I'll do it this way so my Blog readers get the first crack at it.
-
This little rig is easy to build and works quite well. A commercial one will cost you around $50 while the only real expense I had was the bottle cutter which is just a couple bucks if you have to buy one. The other parts were just made from scraps around the shop. I didn't give any measurements as the bottle you use might be different than mine just as your taste in the beer inside might be different than mine. I don't think you'll have any problem figuring out the sizes.
-
There are lots of photos and explanations in the Gallery to help you build it. Good luck. Comments welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Looks very simple, I don't know what I would use a bunch of open bottles for btu nice to know how to make one. Oh and Michigan has that wonderful 10 cent return so it's rare to find bottles anymore..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bottle cutter. My aunt has a shed full of empty wine bottles and her husband wants me to make them into drinking glasses. But I can't seem to find any more details or pictures on how make your bottle cutter. I've already browsed through many of your wonderful wood carving pictures. If you could direct me to exactly where your bottle cutter pictures or "directions" are we we greatly appreciate it. Kevin at Austinanddad@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin: Go to the Gallery by clicking on "Additional Photos" above. On the third page of the albums you'll find the Bottle Cutter instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really love to build myself a bottle cutter like yours - but I'm having trouble finding the pictures and details in your gallery. Could you possibly send me the links to the pics, or tell me if they are still in your gallery or not? Thanks! Chickenofthewoods@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete