Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Making Mirrored Sunglasses - Part 1


Making Mirrored Sunglasses - Part 1 from Out West Woodcarving Videos on Vimeo.

A number of people have asked me how I made the mirrored sunglasses I used on the recent carving of "The Breed" which was displayed and auctioned off at the Dayton woodcarving show.  Well, here is the first installment with several more to follow as it's an involved process....easy but involved.

As I mentioned earlier, the reason we have not been uploading as many projects as we have in the past is because of the slow upload speeds of our DSL line.  I started uploading this one yesterday afternoon and it was finally completed around 5am this morning.  As it's uploading we have to completely shut down our access to the net as should we surf or try to download a Netflix movie the whole process would almost grind to a halt.  Hopefully, next month this will be corrected with the promised installation of a high-speed optic circuit.  Hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Making Mirrored Sunglasses One of the most real and accurate design. i have met these guys, once long ago and this piece of work reminded me that , nice effort.

    ReplyDelete